Friday, September 23, 2011

Would You, Could You, Come & Play?...

Birthday boy approves
Would you, could you come and play? Would you, could you on my birthday?

 Dr. Seuss was the theme for my youngest son's 2nd birthday party.

It's hard to believe the year has flown by and I need to put together a party before he turns the big 3 in just a couple weeks.

I love to do creative parties for my 2 boys, but juggling work, school and daycare schedules, soccer, guitar practice, and everything else a busy working mom has to do in a week makes it tough. This year we've decided on a local pumpkin patch.

While I get my creative juices flowing for this one, enjoy some of the pictures from last year's party.  "Oh the thinks you can think, if only you try..."

 
Homemade tissue pom poms
I made the cake, decorations, bought blue wigs, and wrote Thing 1 & Thing 2 on red t-shirts to fit the theme. We had Thing 1 & Thing 2 races and a photo op for souvenirs.

Thing 1 & Thing 2 Photo Op
Everyone had a ball! I got the most ideas, and a couple party supplies, (like the treat boxes) from the Seussland web site.   

Homemade Cat in the Hat cake

This year I'm thinking of dressing the birthday boy in overalls with a white t-shirt, which I will use a rubber stamp to cover with orange pumpkins. I am also getting some great ideas for games, food and adorable party favors from sites like MarthaStewart.com. Wish me luck. I'll post pictures after the pumpkin patch party.







No comments:

Post a Comment